Last Updated: January 22, 2014
1. Privacy Protection and Limitations. We do not share your Personally-Identifiable Information with any third parties. "Personally Identifiable Information" (or "PII") means any information that identifies or is used to determine the identity, contact information or location of an individual to whom that information pertains. PII includes, but is not limited to, name, address, phone number, fax number, email address and credit card information. Notwithstanding the above, PII does not include information that is collected anonymously (i.e., without identification of the individual user) or demographic or use information not connected to an identified individual.
2. Minors. We never knowingly collect or maintain information from those we know are under 18 years old, and no part of our Site or Products is directed at or structured to attract anyone under 18 years old. Visitors younger than 18 years of age may not use the Site or the Products.
4. Information Collected Through Our Site
(a) Traffic Data Collected. We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site: (1) IP addresses; (2) domain servers; (3) types of computers accessing the Site; and (4) types of web browsers used to access the Site (collectively "Traffic Data"). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify you. We use it for marketing purposes and to improve your experience on the Site.
- Understand traffic patterns and the number of visitors to the Site and other non-InfoAtoms websites that we partner with;
- Understand how you use and interact with the Site and/or the Products;
- Improve our Products;
- Optimize your experience on our Site or your use of the Products;
- Provide non-PII auditing, research, modeling, and reporting for our advertisers and other partners;
- Provide you relevant advertising and content; and
- Properly manage our Site and Products.
Please note that some cookies may be placed by a third party service provider who performs some of these functions for us. Other companiesâ€™ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers permit individuals to decline cookies. A user refusing cookies can still fully navigate our Site and use of our Products.
(b) Personal Information Collected. If you communicate with us by e-mail, such a communication identifies you personally ("Personal Information"). We keep records of your correspondence with us, but use it only for internal purposes to respond to you. If the e-mail address you provide to InfoAtoms is a wireless e-mail address, you agree to receive messages at such address from InfoAtoms (unless and until you have elected not to receive such messages by following the instructions in the unsubscribe portion of this policy). You understand that your wireless carrierâ€™s standard rates apply to these messages. You represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device on which messages will be received, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges. You acknowledge having no expectation of privacy concerning Personal Information.
5. Information Collected Through Our Products.
- Our Products collect the following information, none of which specifically identifies you: IP address; a proprietary unique identifier number (derived from the type and serial number of hardware on your computer); the date and time you installed, uninstalled, and last used our product; type of operating system; type of browser; browser language, your default search service provider, search queries; browsing history; time zone, and your approximate physical location (if available). Other information that we collect depends upon the type of advertisement that is being displayed. For example, if you respond to an insurance advertisement by indicating the type of insurance you are looking for and the state in which you want the policy written for, we collect the information you provide. We use this non-personally identifiable information to improve the performance of our Products, to display advertisements that are more closely targeted to your interests, and to identify and prevent fraud. We may combine this information with information from third parties. We also share, transfer, and license this information (including your Internet search history and browsing history) to advertising partners to generate revenue, improve Product performance, and enhance the relevance of advertising you see. You acknowledge these uses of the information we gather.
Please note that if you disable cookies, you will significantly degrade our ability to provide targeting advertising to you and you may also experience reduced performance of your computer and browser.
6. User Ability to Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information. We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your Personal Information remains correct and up-to-date. At any time, you may contact InfoAtoms via email: email@example.com to update your Personal Information or request that your Personal Information no longer be shared by InfoAtoms. If you do not receive a confirmation response within 72 hours, please contact InfoAtoms again.
7. Security. Most of the information we collect through our Products is not stored. We process it briefly, then remove it from our computing system. However, we do retain the proprietary unique identifier and timestamp information (date and time of install, uninstall, and last use). We use industry standard security measures (such as a firewall and password protections) to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under InfoAtomsâ€™ control. Notwithstanding such measures, InfoAtoms cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent its computers from being illegally accessed, and the Personal Information on them stolen or altered.
8. Sharing with Third Party Vendors. In addition to the uses described above, we also share, transfer, or license your user and use information to third parties to store and analyze the data, provide search results and associated advertising, provide hosting services and customer support services.
9. Termination and Revisions.
- We reserve the right to discontinue your access to the Site or the Products at any time.
10. Other Privacy Issues. If we explore a potential opportunity to sell all or part of InfoAtoms, or are otherwise involved in a merger or similar transfer of assets, we may transfer non-personally identifiable information to the other party or parties involved in the transaction. Also, we may disclose your user and use information without providing notice if we determine that disclosure is desirable to: (i) protect or defend InfoAtoms, its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, or contractors; or (ii) comply with legal process or cooperate with a governmental investigation. The Site and our Products are hosted in the United States. You understand and consent to us transferring, processing, and storing your user and use information in the U.S. where data protection and other privacy laws may not offer the protection as where you are located.
11. California Privacy Rights Notice
To request that we remove your personal information from our database, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also remove our Products by following the uninstall instructions at http://infoatoms.com/support/. Please note that a small file will remain on your computer after uninstalling our product. It indicates that you previously downloaded one of our products and helps us prevent fraud.